Monday, April 7, 2008

First Post

I hope this is the first of many posts for this site from myself and from others, maybe most importantly from others though I want to offer as much as I can in the time I have remaining in this form.

I am becoming comfortable with myself as I am, finally after struggling with these changes for a long time. I have resisted dark brown hair changing to silver and a face becoming more lined and like my father's. I have to be more careful for my health now; I can no longer just take it for granted. I know my time is limited: Even though it may be twenty or even thirty years, it has to count for something.

Perhaps I have Reggie, this two-year-old guide dog companion of mine to thank for this new comfort with myself. Reggie is always glad to be with me except when he gets tired of my writing and goes off somewhere else for a while. Just now, he's right here with me.

Certainly I owe a lot of appreciation to my partner, Ruth. She doesn't seem to mind living with an older guy too much anyway. She has been my soul guide since we got together and she has encouraged my writing. I hope you all will thank her for that!

It is a beautiful day outside, the windows are open at last, and a gentle breeze is blowing through the room. The long hard winter is over at last and the gales that will come again even in summer are absent today. It is a good day for a new beginning and this is a new beginning for me.

Please make this site an active feed to your computer if you would like, then you'll know whenever anything new is posted. It isn't as though you would be signing up for Fox News (more properly Fixed News of Fox Noise - as you prefer), so you needn't expect a constant stream of incoming traffic. There may be something on the average of once per day, and I hope it will always bring welcome thoughts to your mind both from its contents and the fact that its there.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finding a good place to blog your thoughts. I took the liberty to forward your site address to a few friends and family who I thought might be interested. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts often, as well as the comments that are sure to come your way.

    ReplyDelete